Wednesday 9 November 2016

Mid Week Review - Australis

Hey, look who is sticking to a schedule! If you missed last weeks review you can read it here. This week I will be reviewing the Australis Contour and Highlight palette. I've been using this palette for almost 2 years now and I have a few mixed opinions on it.


Countouring has become such a trend and this is definitely a more affordable option for anyone who is just starting out, this palette comes in both cream and powder formulas and also has light, medium and dark palettes. Although I do have the cream contour palette, today I am reviewing the powder contour palette.

I don't mind the quality of this palette, however I do think that some of the darker contour shades can be really difficult to blend so I do suggest using a tiny amount to start out with and blend before adding anymore colour. Personally, I haven't tried any high end contour kits so I can't make any comparisons to those but for under $20, it is a decent product.


I'm quite pale so I always tend to use a cool toned, lighter contour shade like the one in the middle, as for highlighting I'm not a real fan of the banana shade. I know this comes as a shock as EVERYONE loves a good banana powder but for me it is wayyy too yellow for my skin.

I prefer to use the pinker powder to just set under my eyes and even underneath the contour to create a more carved out line. The third highlight shade in this palette is my favourite drugstore highlighter. It adds a nice glow to the cheekbones and also works well on the brow bone and as an inner corner highlight.


The powder probably isn't the highest quality as it has a lot of kick back which you can kind of see on the pans already, and also some of the darker shades don't blend that well. Although the blendability of some shades is difficult, it isn't completely impossible to work with. I will add that it does last all day and doesn't tend to fade at all.

You can see from these swatches that they are very pigmented which is why they are quite difficult to blend but as I previously stated, using a little at a time and blending between application will make it a lot more smoother.


I bought this palette at Priceline here in Australia, however you can purchase it from the Australis website as well. It retails for $16.95 here but for all my Australian readers, Priceline currently has a 40% off cosmetic sale. For a drugstore product this is quite a fair price. It comes down to around $3 per pan which is very reasonable. 

I've had this for almost 2 years and only 2 shades have hit pan, admittingly I haven't used this palette everyday but there is a consistant use. With the darker contour shades, a little goes a long way so for the price it lasts quite a long time. As for the highlight shades, it's easy to use a lot of them as they tend to cover a larger area compared to the contour shades. 

Overall, this product would be great for someones first contour kit. Just remember that blending is key with this palette, also a little tends to go a long way with the contour shades. Personally I really like this palette but I have recently purchased a new contour palette that I'm testing out for now. For a drugstore contour kit I definitely think it is worth purchasing and recommend you go and try it out.

Have you used this contour kit? What do you think of it?

 photo monnii_1_zpshopobw1l.png
bloglovin || twitter || instagram || pinterest || facebook

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.