Monday 11 May 2015

Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar tutorial

Yes, I finally bought this palette the other day and I am so in love with it already! The colours are so pretty in this palette and it has a good mix of matte and shimmer shades - so I had to create my own look with it. It is a very natural that I tried to smoke out a bit but it didn't quite work out in my favour but I ended up liking the end result.


Since this (very old) post, my makeup base has changed quite a bit - so I will quickly go over that bit before going into detail with the eye makeup. Firstly, I moisturise using the Dove moisturising lotion and then use a cheap drugstore primer (that isn't pictured here - sorry!) focusing on the t-zone. Unlike most people, I conceal first using the Maybelline FitMe concealer (Light 10) under my eyes, down my nose and on my forehead and chin and blend it with my fingers. Then I do my eyebrows with the ELF eyebrow kit before using the L'Oreal liquid foundation and blending it with a damp sponge. Lastly, I use the yellow highlight shade from the Australis Contour kit under my eyes and the shimmery shade from the same kit on the tops of my cheek bones and the top left shade in the blush palette that is pictured - and that's the base complete! Pretty simple and basic but I don't really have much to cover on my face - so I am pretty lucky on that part. (Please excuse the pout!)


So - onto my favourite part, the eyeshadow!! I really recommend this palette mainly because of the gorgeous colours but more importantly, the whole palette smells like chocolate. The main colours I used from the palette were Coconut Creme, Nougat, Mousse and Cocoa Chili. Starting with Coconut Creme I blended it from the lash line to the top of my eyelid and then went into the crease with Nougat and Mousse. I blended both of the colours together and up before going in with a clean blending brush and blended all the colours across and in. To kind of "smoke out" the eye I used Cocoa Chili, which is a dark brown with gold shimmer colour, across the lash line and along the bottom lash line as well. Using the Essence liquid eyeliner pen I added a slight wing to my eyeliner and to finish off the look, I used the L'Oreal Manga Eyes mascara on my lashes. The final look is below and you can't really see where I smoked out the look but it does show on the bottom lash line which I really like.



I really hope you all like this look that I created - it isn't too out there as I like to keep my makeup pretty simple and neutral but I love the neutral tones and adding a bit of a wing.


Pinterest: monniixx
Twitter: @makeupwmonnii
Instagram: @monniixx
Facebook: /makeupbymonnii

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.