Monday 30 June 2014

Face Of The Day (FOTD) - Everyday natural look

My first FOTD! I thought I'd just show you guys what I use everyday as I usually don't go all out for my makeup on days where I'm not doing much. So, this is the makeup look and if you want to know how I achieved the 'natural look' then keep reading.

The base products that I used to achieve this look include the Savvy face primer, and the previously mentioned Maybelline Dream BB Cream in Light. I usually apply my primer with a flat foundation brush but using your fingertips is fine too, and the real techniques multi purpose brush to apply the BB Cream. Applying the base with a brush evenly disperses the products and creates an even base. I also added the Savvy concealer stick to under my eyes and any blemishes and blended it with a beauty blender.

My eye makeup for everyday is very basic. I applied the Gorgeous cosmetics eye pencil in Kohl and the Gorgeous cosmetics Madison Avenue Mascara. The eye pencil was used to tight line my eyes on the top waterline and the mascara was applied on my top and half of the bottom lashes. Tight lining my eyes seems to make my lashes stand out more as I have quite short lashes.


To finish my looks I applied the Australis Ready Set Go setting powder, which happens to be my favourite product at the moment. I focus it mainly on my t-zone as it absorbs the oil there best and then apply anything leftover on the brush to the rest of my face. Definitely sets my makeup for the day and creates a more matte finish. Finally I applied the Gorgeous cosmetics lip gloss to my lips for an extra bit of shine.

I hope you like this look, if you recreate it let me know.

monnii
xx

1 comment

  1. Your natural look is gorgeous gurl! While I am commenting, I would like to ask if you would consider choosing the next theme for the Come Play With Me series. Like 'how low can you go', this is where you would choose any makeup theme, and then any beauty bloggers who want to get involved join in, posting the links of their version in the comment section of your blog post, explained more here http://indieanna1.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/come-play-with-me-mad-about-mattes.html

    Themes that have been done include, vampy, bright & bold, and How low can you go! Id be great if you could pick the next theme but totally understand if you don't have the time, feel free to talk to me about it on twitter! x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.